* * * Every truth finds its undeniable existence only in a writer’s imagination. Imagination, not intelligence, is the governing power of creative writing.
* * * Me: (11: 24 AM) Yeah, I’ll bring the plates. Her: (11: 25 AM) Thanks, I appreciate it. Anything you’d like to bring? Me: (11:28 AM) Yeah, I’ll bring Nasi Goreng. Been sometime since the last time I cooked one. You? Her: (11:28 AM) Ah, I’ll bake some cake. Me: (11: 29 AM) … Continue reading
* * Falling in love is like catching a disease. * But unlike other diseases, those who catch it do not want to be healed. And those who suffer from it do not wish to convalesce. * The victims of love are the happiest of people, even when they are engulfed in misery. * *
Dear my friends, Some of my fellow bloggers have been very kind in letting me know that they had not received my posts in their inbox. Not just the new posts, but even the old ones. While some had to type my blog address to check out my latest posts, others could only get directed … Continue reading
Today, 17 August 2012, Indonesia celebrates the Independence Day, so I wrote a poem, “A Prayer for My Country”. Merdeka! :-) * * O my Lord, My prayer is simple. * Let the water and the soil, the air, and the fruit of my country be sweet, my Lord. * Let the homeless … Continue reading
* * * Before you close your eyes I would like to whisper you A holy secret * I can pour light into a cup to make you a sweet brew. * Never think it is miraculous, for it is mere an act of love * And that is precisely because Love is God’s precious … Continue reading
* * * “Dad, when is the first most important time in our life, in our history?” “Oh, you mean the history of humankind?” “Yes.” “It’s when we were able to discover fire. The history of humankind started to change when our ancestors were able to discover fire.” “Oh.” “Hmm.” “But now modern humans are … Continue reading
* * * Sweetheart, Come closer. Sit next to me. * I will tell you a secret That they don’t tell you in temples, Recite in mosques, Or whisper in churches. * This morning I had a fleeting moment of surprise! * When I finished my morning prayer God kissed me on the cheek. * … Continue reading