* * * Once, high above a pasture, where a sheep and a lamb were grazing, an eagle was circling and gazing hungrily down upon the lamb. And as he was about to descend and seize his prey, another eagle appeared and hovered above the sheep and her young with the same hungry intent. Then … Continue reading
* * * “Are you going to kill me?” abruptly she asked when I came with a knife in my right hand. “If I have to,” I replied with a grin, finding my way to get closer to her. She raised her eyebrows, trembling in fear. She must have been thinking that this lovely evening could be … Continue reading
* * * Every truth finds its undeniable existence only in a writer’s imagination. Imagination, not intelligence, is the governing power of creative writing.
* * * Me: (11: 24 AM) Yeah, I’ll bring the plates. Her: (11: 25 AM) Thanks, I appreciate it. Anything you’d like to bring? Me: (11:28 AM) Yeah, I’ll bring Nasi Goreng. Been sometime since the last time I cooked one. You? Her: (11:28 AM) Ah, I’ll bake some cake. Me: (11: 29 AM) … Continue reading
* * Falling in love is like catching a disease. * But unlike other diseases, those who catch it do not want to be healed. And those who suffer from it do not wish to convalesce. * The victims of love are the happiest of people, even when they are engulfed in misery. * *
Dear my friends, Some of my fellow bloggers have been very kind in letting me know that they had not received my posts in their inbox. Not just the new posts, but even the old ones. While some had to type my blog address to check out my latest posts, others could only get directed … Continue reading
Today, 17 August 2012, Indonesia celebrates the Independence Day, so I wrote a poem, “A Prayer for My Country”. Merdeka! :-) * * O my Lord, My prayer is simple. * Let the water and the soil, the air, and the fruit of my country be sweet, my Lord. * Let the homeless … Continue reading